Your beautiful home never deserves to be damped and staled filled with mold, and mildews. Misfortune never comes alone, misty and damp smell not only makes your house a repulsive place but also possesses greater health hazards. You may be suffering from severe health hazards like dizziness, sore throat, nasal irritation, nausea, and fatigue, and in some special cases, you might become a patient of Asthama. So, how can you get saved from such a hideous situation? Exactly, through prevention which is better than cure. To safeguard your residence from such a critical situation special concern is needed. But you can’t do it without an expert opinion right? You are in the right place to get one. This article will help you to get a clear idea about the right treatment for Damp Smell to completely remove it from your comfortable home.
What Causes the Damp Smell in your House?
Mostly, your residence comes under attack of molds and mildews due to various reasons. You need to make a clear differentiation between them before you get started with proper treatment.
These are thick stains of fungal growth. They are very damaging to your property. Their structural damage can cause a heavy burden on your pocket. They show relatively complex growth patterns.
These are mainly thin fungal stains. They normally show flat or straight growth patterns.
How to Find out Moulds and Mildews?
The desirable place for the growth of the fungus is in moist areas. A closed house with a condensed environment is heaven for mildews, and molds. Misty smell can’t be eliminated until you have located and removed the sole reasons for the foul smell. You mostly focus on the floor and other visible locations of your home while performing the cleaning. It is unfortunate that you mostly neglect the off-sight spaces, which become desirable places for the sole reasons of foul damp smell.
Never neglect to identify the main hidden locations like,
- Below Carpet or Rug especially when it is vulnerable to absorb moisture.
- Windowsills are the primary places where warm and cool air strikes resulting in condensation. The moisture also gets along due to their outdoor exposure.
- On the Mattress, especially when it is placed in your kid’s rooms and is exposed to urination, spills, and other accidents.
- The Potted Plants, when the underneath soil remains wet.
- Walls adjacent to the bathrooms bear excess moisture
- The filters of AC Installations, primary sites of condensation.
- Between the Wall and the Sofa, air does not pass in between, consequently leading to damp surfaces best for fungal invaders.
- Behind your Furniture which is being neglected during the cleaning process.
- Wall Cracks that can bear the moisture.
- Leaked Pipes become fundamental polluters when remaining untreated for longer durations.
- Bathroom Sinks, bathtub, floors that are always in contact with moisture.
- Untreated dustbins for a longer time not only emit out pungent smell due to microbial activity but also provide space for one of the fungal strains, Rhizopus for its optimal growth.
- Inside your freezer, Microwave, Toaster, and other appliances in Kitchen. They carry bread crumbs and other food chunks which are appropriate for emitters of detestable smell.
- Books of your mini Library. The pages, if remain for some reason can host fungal stains. You can also check other locations if you have doubts that might host the fungal projections.
How can You Identify Musty Smell in Your Home?
The human olfactory sense is modified to experience various smells. They are more obvious if they carry a repulsive odor. So, believe in your sense of smell. Leave your home closed for time mainly for a night or a day. Close all the external windows to cut off any probability of ventilation. The air inside your house will get a misty, and stuffy texture which is identifiable. If the structure of your house is such that it allows limited air passage, or your outdoor windows remain close for a prolonged period then there is no need of shutting your house. You will smell foul in your daily routine.
How to Clean Mildews?
We know that it is a real panic experience if you are unable to find any coziness in your sweet home after you have got through a tiresome routine of the entire day due to a misty smell.
If you locate places having molds, and mildews don’t get worried rather elegantly remove them by taking a wise approach.
To eliminate mildews you can take the following steps.
Removal through Bleach:
Bleach is effective for fungal stain removal. It is a very fast cleaning agent. Before the application of bleach make sure that you have managed proper room ventilation. Open all the outdoor windows, and turn on the fans. Don’t forget to put on rubber gloves for safety and other protective accessories like a face mask, So that you will make yourself protected from the spores that might get dispersed during the process and you are vulnerable to inhale them through your breath.
Simply, apply the bleach over the fungal growth. Give it some time for its action of killing the grownups. Rem them through scrubbing, and then wipe it out immediately with a cleaning rag. It is better to spill warm water over the area to restrict the regrowth of the mildews.
Removal through Vinegar Solution and Baking Soda:
- Make a saturated solution of white vinegar and distilled water. Fill it in a spray bottle. Spray it over the affected location. Let it sit for some time like 2 to 3 hours.
- Now the next step is the application of the most effective agent, baking soda. You need to take an abrasive sponge, soak it in hot water and apply baking soda over it.
- Hold it in your hand and scrub the area well until you feel that there are no remains of fungal growth projections.
- Finally, pour hot water over it and clean it with an absorbent cloth. Leave it for a while and then carefully examine it, if the area shows some color pattern, indicates that the mildews are not completely removed. Repeat the process until you don’t find any mold residue.
Point to Remember: It is highly suggested to maintain a deep ventilation system by turning on all fans and opening all windows. Secondly, dispose of all the used items like a rag, gloves, mask, spray bottle, and scrubber into a plastic bag and bind it tightly to eliminate the spreading of spores.
Applicable Tips to Remove the misty Smell:
Proper Ventilation :
- Never make the mistake to keep your home shut all the time. Give it proper fresh air exposure. It is a wise step to open windows for some time even in winters to give a chance to the internal stuffy air to get escaped outwards. In return the indoors will be filled with external fresh air. It will help to prevent the accumulation of mistiness in your indoors.
- Use a Dehumidifier: Good quality dehumidifiers are available in markets at different prices. You can get one according to your range. It is an efficient appliance to not let moisture in your indoor air because condensation is the main reason for suffocating air.
- Regularly Replace Your Air Filters: Air filters are the primary locations where molds find the most suitable place to grow.
Hire Professional Cleaners:
If you are still worried about a consistent damp smell in your beautiful house, it takes a wise step and approaches professional cleaners for the complete removal of foul smells professionally. Check out the experts of Global Clean, we will ensure a cozy fragranced home at an extremely affordable price.